top 10 reasons she went away
peanuts cartoon – charles schulz
i don’t even know her real name. she called herself sam, which could affectionately stand for “she’s amazingly marvelous”.
she was the ultimate blogger. hers was one of the most popular sites with a lot of following. yet, suddenly, unexpectedly, without hint or warning, she decided to hit the delete button and leave us in the dust.
top 10 possible reasons she went away:
- she was burned out
- she thought it was best to quit while ahead
- she gained weight with too much blogging, requiring her go out more to shed pounds
- her boyfriend made her do it
- she exceeded the allowed bandwidth limit, making her a victim of her own success
- she found a cure for her insomnia
- she finally succumbed to facebook
- the moral majority found her
- she got married
- (supply your own)
her style of writing was sexy but never in poor taste. sometimes it was hard to distinguish which entries were real and which ones were pure fantasy, but they were entertaining nonetheless.
once she told me to keep on writing because she loves to read. as a result, her spirit will continue to haunt my blog. i’m sure i’d feel her presence on them days i least expect.
in the meantime, i wish her the best of luck. thanks, sam, for the memories.