an ideal dream date
if i were asked who’d be my dream date, i’d rather go for the actor who brought a particular character to life. for example, i’d not hesitate to pick the late anne bancroft.
unless you’re into classical movies like me, you probably don’t know her. she was married to mel brooks. still doesn’t have a clue? oh well…
she was a consummate actress. she was also a real character in life.
“her combination of brains, humor, frankness and sense were unlike any other artist,” according to director mike nichols, as quoted by the associated press on the day she died.
in another article, director arthur penn said, “more happens in her face in 10 seconds than happens in most women’s faces in 10 years.”
small wonder she won many awards and nominations for her performances on stage and in the movies. according to wikipedia, she won one academy award, three bafta awards, two golden globes, two tony awards and two emmy awards, and several other awards and nominations.
she had integrity, too. she didn’t hesitate to choose one small good role over a big bad role.
she met mel brooks when she was rehearsing for a television show. the next day after they met, she told her psychiatrist, “let’s speed this process up — i’ve met the right man. see, i’d never had so much pleasure being with another human being. i wanted him to enjoy me too.” they were married in 1964 and lived happily ever after.
it would be an honor to invite her for dinner. it’d be fun to talk to her about old movies and whatever comes to mind at the spur of the moment. but would she even consider it? the fact that she’s dead must have saved me from embarrassment.
- daily prompt: it builds character (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character (basicallybeyondbasic.wordpress.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character (underthemonkeytree.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character (awlscribe.wordpress.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character (mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character (myatheistblog.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character – star struck (/teepee12.com)
- daily prompt: it builds character (jamescollettphotography.wordpress.com)
- daily prompt: why we love jane eyre (geanieroake.wordpress.com)